- After bringing in Sézane’s first investor, Alven, in 2018, Vaultier7, a UK-based fund specializing in lifestyle brands and recent shareholder of Vestiaire Collective, is leading this round.
- A pioneer in the hygiene and cosmetics sector for infants and women, JOONE completes a financing round to:
- accelerate its development in Europe,
- expand its range of cosmetic products for women,
- roll-out Doorz, its Blockchain traceability platform and latest innovation, to all its cosmetic products in Europe,
- develop its distribution strategy
- JOONE’s ambition is to be the European leader in healthy hygiene products and cosmetics for all families
Paris, September 9, 2020 – Founded in 2017, JOONE is a fast-growing startup which offers 100% clean and eco-conscious alternatives for infant-care and mother-care products ranging from diapers to derma-cosmetics.
Pioneer in transparency*, JOONE has built its development strategy around one mission: raise the standards in terms of regulations and transparency for infant and women care. JOONE has been profitable since 2018 and will end 2020 with a turnover of more than 20M euros.
This new round of funding will allow JOONE to continue pursuing its long-term mission by:
- Developing its women care range and offering a complete daily beauty ritual. JOONE already takes care of women through its anti stretch mark solution, highly appreciated by expectant mothers, a nutri-supplements for hair-loss, vitality, skin and intimate care (sanitary pads, cleanest and transparent and an intimate soap). “ We want to support and take care of women at every step of their life, not only during pregnancy and maternity, but now also throughout their everyday life. We have built a solid reputation in the infant care industry, and we want to offer the same level of health and transparency to all women. Today, 10% of our orders include one women care product, which we have just launched at the beginning of this year. It represents 5% of our turnover, which in less than a year is very promising.” says Carole Juge-Llewellyn, CEO and founder of JOONE
- Boosting our European development and offering JOONE products to every family looking for transparency and serenity. Today, products are shipped in 23 European countries, with the objective being to accelerate this trend. “10% of our turnover is generated outside of France. We want to sell our best selling products all over Europe,” says Carole Juge-Llewellyn.
- Increasing traceability and opening the doors to transparency thanks to Doorz, the first worldwide platform of traceability for cosmetics and hygiene products, launched in August 2020. Doorz already offers complete tracking of all manufacturing, origin of raw material, and distribution for its diapers. Tomorrow, DOORZ will make it possible to know in one click, the origin, composition and history of all JOONE products. “Our unique traceability and transparency platform has enabled us to secure the support of around 100 nurseries and around 20 hospitals. It is a real guarantee of trust and quality for our community,” founder says.
- Expanding its distribution network: During the COVID health crisis, JOONE has supported more than 70,000 families in providing products and content. JOONE’s ambition is to expand the brand’s product ranges while providing greater access to traceability and transparency to extend its distribution network.
*After being ranked # 1 by the French National Institute Magazine 60 Millions de consommateurs in 2018 for its diapers, liniment, and wipes, JOONE has recently been acclaimed by the latest official study from the French DGCCRF in July 2020.