- One year after a €10 million funding round, the company, created in 2017, which supports more than 15,000 hair and beauty salons, is carrying out a new round of financing with Gaia Capital Partners and its historical investors, Crédit Mutuel Innovation, BPI Digital Venture, Alven and Eiffel Investment Group.
- Planity, which has 75% market share in France, wants to further its growth by expanding its technical and commercial teams and is announcing the opening of an office in Germany.
It’s a success story for the start-up that supports the daily lives of professionals and consumers of beauty and well-being services
Launched in 2017 by Antoine Puymirat and his partners Jérémy Queroy and Paul Vonderscher, in just four years Planity has established itself as the leading online booking platform for hair and beauty. Since its creation, the company has become a must for consumers and professionals, with:
- 15,000 beauty-salon clients
- more than 50 million appointments booked on the platform
- 1 appointment booked every second
- 200 employees in France (doubled in 2020)
- 1 million customer reviews on the site (average rating of 4.84/5)
- exponential growth of more than 15% each month
The Planity experience is appealing to more and more consumers, who want to be able to book an appointment with a hairdresser or beauty salon in just a few clicks at any time of day. Beauty professionals benefit from vastly improved efficiency and gain visibility through the platform. Planity reduces the number of calls by half and the number of missed appointments by 75%, while generating more than 10% in turnover thanks to new customers and increased booking frequency.
More than a platform for making appointments, Planity puts people at the heart of its strategy: every day, thousands of self-employed and freelance professionals are supported by a team of more than 200 people spread throughout the country and who are helping to digitally transform an entire sector.
Antoine Puymirat, President and co-founder of Planity: “We are proud to announce this new round of financing led by Gaia Capital Partners alongside our historical investors, which confirms the strength of Planity’s model. Our first objective is to continue to develop the French market where only 13% of beauty salons have an online appointment solution. We expect more than 60% will be equipped within the next five years, so we still have a lot of salons to support in their digitalisation. This capital increase will also allow Planity to enter a new stage of its development by opening its first office outside France, in Germany. Finally, this funding round will enable us to double our workforce over the next 12 months with more than 200 new hires planned.”
With its expansion into Germany, Planity is laying the foundation for an international strategy
With an estimated market of more than 250,000 beauty and wellness salons, Germany is a prime territory for the company’s first expansion in Europe.
Planity will recruit more than 70 people within 18 months and will then roll out its solution in other European countries. The arrival of the Gaia Capital Partners growth fund, which has a team in Berlin and invests throughout Europe, will support this objective.