Ahead of Gorgias’ announcement of its $25m Series B round, we sat down with Gorgias‘ CEO Romain Lapeyre, and Alven Partner François Meteyer, to get their thoughts on Gorgias, its exciting developments for the future, and its journey since joining the Alven portfolio during its Series A.
In this exchange, Romain & François discussed:
- 00:10 – Who is Romain
- 01:10 – Who is François
- 01:59 – What is Gorgias
- 04:11 – What makes Gorgias different and its focus on a unique GTM
- 08:24 – Launching and setting up Gorgias in the USA: advice and best practices for French Founders
- 14:06 – How Romain & François interact when they work together, and Romain’s experience with Alven
- 17:35 – Investing in Gorgias, and what was Francois’ rationale when he decided to invest in its Series A after a long follow-up relationship
- 19:53 – Combining growth and corporate culture: how to cross the dunbar number in a company the proper way?
- 21:15 – Gorgias’ next milestones: growth, customers, culture
- 22:01 – Investors Corner: Advice from François and his approach to venture capital
- 24:16 – Founders Corner: Advice from Romain to his founder peers